As if the growing morning sickness, constant feeling of bloating and discomfort wasn’t enough, the worst thing to happen during pregnancy is to get food poisoning.
1. Food Poisoning during pregnancy
When you eat adulterated food or spoiled food, which makes you sick might lead to food poisoning. It is hard to identify morning sickness from food poisoning as some of the symptoms are same.
2. What are the symptoms of food poisoning?
- Fever and weakness.
3.How do food poisoning afffects baby?
A bacteria known as listeria, which is present in uncooked food and unpasteurised cheese is a threat to pregnancy. It can cause miscarriage, premature delivery, infection or death to new born.
4.How does food poisoning happen?
Food poisoning happens due to intake of food that contained some bacteria, virus or toxin.
5.What can be done to prevent food poisoning during pregnancy?
- Food poisoning leads to dehydration so one should keep sipping water or juice or soups
- Thoroughly washing all fruits and vegetables before eating
- Washing hands and utensils after preparing raw meat
- Heating prepared meals until they are hot
- Keeping leftover covered in fridge and using them as early as possible