Pregnancy is the most amazing period for women though it can be a very challenging experience for the first timers. There’s a lot of things that are changing around- your body, your mental state, your food habits, to name a few. Women do get bored sitting and doing nothing. Reading a book can be a boon. Reading books can help you relax plus they can answer all your pregnancy-related queries. Here’s a list of books that we have shortlisted for you to read during pregnancy.
- Pregnancy by Nutan Pandit: Nutan Lakhanpal Pandit is a childbirth therapist who conducts pre-natal care and childbirth classes for couples who are expecting a baby. Nutan Pandit is a pioneer of ‘natural childbirth’ in India. She founded the Natural Childbirth Institute in India. This book tells the reader all about childbirth, questions and answers about weight gain, proper diet, exercises, breathing patterns, positions to implement during labour, and postnatal care of both the mother and the newborn. This book is available in both hindi and english language.
- Fit Pregnancy by Namita Jain: Namita Jain is a clinical fitness specialist with the Bombay Hospital, Mumbai. She trains dieticians in the art of healthy eating for a healthy life and weight management. Fit pregnancy helps the women deal with problems like morning sickness, hormonal changes, mood swings, food cravings etc.
- Baby Care & Child Health Problems by Seema Gupta: Seema Gupta is the author of Baby Care & Child Health Care. This book contains information about the various aspects of pregnancy, premature baby care, baby’s feeding habits, growth chart, health problems and various other needs.
- What to Expect by Sharon Mazel and Heidi Murkoff: This book is a complete guide for first time mothers who wants to understand the changes that happen during pregnancy and how to take care of their newborn baby. The book is written in question-answer form. Both the writers are engaged in pregnancy and baby care.
- Pregnancy Handbook for Indian Moms by Dr. Vinita Salvi: Dr. Vinita Salvi is a gynaecologist who has worked with Seth GS Medical College and King Edward Memorial Hospital in Mumbai. This book draws light on various concerns like, how to prepare your body for pregnancy. This book includes the topic on trimester changes, all tests, and injections, exercises, problems, labour and childbirth.
- I Am Pregnant, Not Terminally Ill you Idiot! by Lalita Iyer: This book is about the typical Indian family, friends and colleagues react when they come to know that a woman is pregnant, what exactly a pregnant woman goes through, which includes gassiness, incontinence, morning sickness, sexual desires, mood swings and much more.
- Belly Laughs: The Naked Truth about Pregnancy and Childbirth by Jenny McCarthy: McCarthy presents this book in a humour and funny way. This book is not like some boring books, it has many interesting stories. It is a bestseller book according to New York times. If you want to know about pregnancy in a funny way, you can buy it.